Here I will keep you updated on my book launches and any new public appearances, readings, theatrical productions, workshops or other holistic healing events.
The Brave Space
Join me at the HERStoryCounts Theatre Company fundraising cabaret. Monday April 24, 2017 at a fabulous Filipino restaurant Lamesa 669 Queen St. West near Queen and Bathurst. Tickets $10 at the door; cash only. Doors open 7:30pm. Tickets are purchase them here.
I will be reading a section of my current book project The High Flying Adventures of Captain Grief. Help the Captain and I help HERStoryCounts ensure a next production and provide a platform for marginalized voices in the arts community!
“HERstoryCounts” Theatre production at Red Sandcastle Theatre. Played April 22nd-24th 2016. Was one of six other women performing an autobiographical monologue in support of telling women’s stories and addressing the lack of diversity in theatre, specifically for actresses of colour. I appeared as myself as well as…Captain Grief!
- Spoke about coming out, holistic healing, sexuality and being a LGBT Parent
- Read erotic poem “Infinity”
- Spoke about “The Kink in My Pen” PinkPlayMags article Summer 2015.
“Three Poems that Begin with A and One That Doesn’t. ” Bedpost; Online Erotica Magazine Reading, Social Capital Theater, Toronto, Ontario, March 27, 2015.
“Laughing in the Face of Death” Rebel Girl Salon; Metropolitan Community Church Fundraiser for the TBLG Refugee Program, March 7th 2015
- Read article published in PinkPlayMags Spring 2015
- Read “Oh The Places I’ve Been” an adult picture book about bereavement
“Accidents” and “Out of Body.” Queer Confessions; an LGBTQ+ Memoir Reading Series. 519 Community Center, Toronto, Ontario. September 2014 Monthly theme: “My Summer Vacations” and August 2014 Monthly theme: “Addictions.”www.queerconfessions.com
- Excerpt of an unpublished collection of short stories “Far From the Tree”
- Focused on my family members and our cabin on Manitoulin Island.
- Focused on problematic coping with emotional trauma from chronic pain, questions of orientation and the death of a parent.
“My Butch Wife” Cunning Linguists, World Pride 2014 at the Nuit Rose Festival, Toronto, Ontario, June 2014.
- Presented memoir piece at storytelling event
- Topic focused on gender and sexuality of my late spouse